Terms & Conditions for Room Hire
We want everyone to have a good experience of using the Language Hub’s facili- ties and we strive to provide you with a clean, comfortable, safe and healthy envi- ronment within which to hold your event. We take our responsibilities towards you and your guests very seriously, and we expect the same in return.
We feel it is best when both parties are clear about our expectations, and so we have made our terms and conditions freely available for everyone to read. That way, we can avoid any misunderstandings during your time on our premises.
We have listed our terms and conditions below and we will bring them to your attention again when you book a room with us. Just so we know who is being re- ferred to; ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ means the Language Hub CIC, and ‘you’ means you, our client. ‘Guests’ means anyone who attends an event organised by you at our premises.
We have kept things simple and to the point, but please ask if there’s anything you are unclear about.
Our terms and conditions for event space hire
- Full payment of amount is to be made within 15 days of the date on our invoice and no later than 2 days before the date of the room hire.
- If you cancel your booking with us we will invoice you for the following cancellation charges:
- If we receive the cancellation request more than 28 days before the event start date we will refund your payment in full.
- If we receive the cancellation less than 28 days prior to the event start date we will charge 50% of the total booking value.
- If we receive the cancellation less than seven days prior to the event start date you will be liable for 100 % of the total booking value.
- You agree to begin and end your event at the times agreed with us. If your event continues beyond the agreed end time either with or with- out agreement, we will ask you to reimburse us for any expenses in- curred as a result of the overrun, including, but not limited to: addition- al wage costs for staff allocated to the event.
- You are responsible for communicating these terms and conditions to your guests.
- You and your guests must comply with any and all reasonable requests, directions and instructions issued by our staff or representatives in rela- tion to any matters of health & safety or general conduct.
- We will not accept liability for any loss of, or damage to the property belonging to you or your guests that occurs on our premises.
- You accept responsibility for any damage caused by you or your guests, and you agree to indemnify us against the cost of repairs or replacement of any property or equipment. This includes, but is not limited to: our furnishings, utensils, and any equipment used during the event.
- You shall be responsible for ensuring that no person under the age of 18 is supplied with or consumes alcohol on our premises at any time during your event.
- We accept no liability for loss, damage, or breakout of disease caused by you or your guests as a result of your activities.
- We accept no liability for any breach of these terms and conditions caused by events beyond our control, including, but not to be limited to: industrial action (whether on the part of our employees or other- wise), accidents, fire, riot, civil commotion and war. If any such event should occur, we shall use our reasonable endeavours to make suitable alternative arrangements, failing which we shall terminate the contract and refund your deposit.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Scotland and the Courts of Scotland have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising.
- By booking room hire with us, you declare that you have read, under- stood and agree to be bound by the terms set out herein.