Welcome to the Library Hub. In order to ensure a clean, pleasant and safe space for everyone, we would ask you to respect the following rules. If you ignore these rules, you may be asked to leave and/or have your membership revoked:
- Please present your library card if you would like to borrow books and material
- No animals, other than guide dogs for the blind and specially trained dogs for handicapped persons, may enter the library.
- You should never give your library card to anyone else to use. If you do you may have your access restricted
- You are responsible for ensuring your contact details are up to date. You should supply an email address, a phone number and a postal address.
Code of conduct
- No food or drinks are to be consumed anywhere within in the library.
- Children must be attended by an adult at any time.
- Please use our changing facilities to change children’s nappies.
- You should help keep the Library Hub clean and tidy by disposing of rubbish responsibly
- If you browse books, please put them back where you took them from. If in doubt, please ask staff to assist you.
- All books and periodicals must be returned to the shelves after use.
- Please let staff know if you find any items that are faulty or broken.
- Mobile phones must be switched to silent mode.
- Conversations on mobile phones must be held outside.
- The use of equipment likely to disturb or distract other readers or to damage library materials is not permitted in the Library.
- Do not photograph or film anyone in the library without explicit consent.
- Staff are empowered to stop any activity which they consider prejudicial to the safety, well-being, or security of readers or staff or to the preservation of the collections.
- Look after your personal belongings. The library accepts no liability for the theft of your possessions
Borrowing and consulting
- If you would like to borrow books, please report to the desk. You can borrow up to 10 children’s books and 5 adult books for up to 28 days at one time.
- Renewing the loan period of your books is not possible if these books have been reserved by another member.
- If you fail to return items on time without prior consent you may be asked to pay a fine of £0.10 per day per item; these funds will go toward the general upkeep of the library.
- You will be held liable for any damage or loss of the books you borrowed including making notes.
- Works of reference, unbound works, or parts of works may not be borrowed except by the special permission of the librarian or a person appointed by him/her, but may be consulted at the Library Hub.
- If you spend time in the at the library reading and consulting books without a valid library card of the Library Hub, please consider a donation towards our running costs, which are detailed below for your information.
Average running costs of the Library Hub for one year
|Replacement costs and new purchases||£1,000|
|Service and maintenance IT (plus new equipment every 5 years)||£700|
|Repairs and maintenance furniture||£300|